WorcAGO is producing the only US celebration weekend, with concerts and lectures to celebrate the birth of Max Reger. Planning started in the Fall of 2022 by a Festival Committee, and as you might imagine, logistics, preparation and finances have the complexity of a mini-convention!
With your help, this Festival will be a wonderful, meaningful and successful event not only for our WorAGO chapter, but also for many organists and organ enthusiasts throughout the wider region.
Each Festival attendee will receive a high quality 28-page (+/-) program book containing concert programs, organ specs, performer bios, and special Reger commentary – a commemorative keepsake. Ads for local businesses will fund its printing as well as other festival costs. We are pursuing some grant funding and patron donations, but those will not cover everything.
YOU can help by asking one or several businesses or services you patronize to support the WorAGO by buying an ad in the Festival program book. We hope to focus this advertising campaign in April and May.
There are several useful tools that you will be able to use to solicit a business for an ad, as shown below.
We are confident that the MAX REGER FESTIVAL 150 will be a huge success in bringing historic live music to our community. We also hope to over-achieve our budget goals and fund future WorAGO programming and bring more great music to the Worcester area.
Marjorie Ness and William Ness
Artistic Directors, Max Reger Festival 150
APPENDIX – DETAILED INFORMATION AND TOOLS FOR SOLICITING BUSINESSES
A Festival ad gets a business’s name in front of a potentially new customer. Dentists, real estate agents, lawyers, financial advisors, insurance agents, restaurateurs, etc. all want to expose their businesses to potentially new customers.
YOUR TOOLBOX – We have collateral materials to help you approach places you patronize:
- In your web browser, navigate to www.RedDoorMusic.org/reger to “register” that you’re contacting a particular business – this online self-service bookkeeping saves our committee many hours of manual paperwork.
- A magazine-quality brochure – Advertising Prospectus (PDF & hardcopy)
- An Advertiser Information sheet with ad size and price specs for your prospective advertiser – ads start at $250. An online-only listing is $100, but the online listing is included with the purchase of a program book print ad.
HOW TO SELL AN AD – There are several methods for contacting your potential advertiser – choose the one that you’re comfortable with and that fits your relationship with your business.
In order of effectiveness
- In-person – watch for a large envelope from WorAGO with one set of printed materials you can hand directly to a prospect.
- Email – watch for an email with a cover letter template that you can personalize or use as is (personalized is better).
- Social media – copy and paste your personalized cover letter to your prospect.
- US Mail
VERY IMPORTANT TIP – it will be crucial for you to follow-up after your initial contact to avoid your proposal being forgotten, misplaced, tossed, etc. So please follow-up within 7 days of your initial contact.
STILL MORE – TWO PRIZES to encourage AGO members to sell as many ads as you can:
- The most ads by dollar-value
- The most ads by count
(in the case that the same person has the top in both categories, the second highest will be awarded the ads-by-count prize)
Selecting the businesses you want to solicit:
- Think of those businesses whose owner (or staff) you know, and have a good relationship with – businesses WANT to get their name out in the community, AND they want to thank YOU by granting this favor.
- When you decide on the business(es) you want to contact, please utilize the online tool by entering the name of the business to let us know you’re contacting them – this will help prevent duplicated efforts of contacting the same business.
- If you need more suggestions, we have a list of categories with important businesses/organizations in our area that have not yet been solicited. This can help jog your memory. We’re hoping this will trigger a match that YOU would know someone in that organization to contact… (and speed you on to winning our prize)
- Note that the “local” audiences will include a wide geography within Massachusetts and New England – thus businesses can be anywhere.
OUR GOAL – Our advertising goal is $15,000 – that’s just sixty quarter-page ads:
twenty members sell ONE ad, and another twenty members sell TWO ads.
The deadlines will approach sooner than you think – so please start thinking and asking now!
We are confident that the MAX REGER FESTIVAL 150 will be a huge success in bringing historic live music to our community, and we will over-achieve our budget goals.
(Extra monies go to our chapter’s programming to bring more great music to the Worcester area!)
THANK YOU FOR HELPING THE FESTIVAL TO BE A SUCCESS!